Monday, December 26, 2011

Our Lady Of Peace, Here I Come - Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility

Okay, so I am getting ready to drop a bombshell on my dad in the morning.

I have no idea how this is going to play out or how the best way to bring this up will be, but I think I am to the point that it is needed. I have been looking up in patient care geared toward suicide prevention. In the area I live we just happen to have one called Our Lady Of Peace. They have a special Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility that is geared toward 12 -17 year olds that are suffering from extreme depression and thoughts of self harm and suicide. Many of these treatments specialize in dealing with the aftereffects of sexual assault and P.T.S.D. related issues.

I need to tell dad that I need something more than regular therapy. I know the state I am in and if I don't find some sort of aggressive treatment I am going to do something stupid. I can't get these thoughts out of my head. I have to tell dad I need help and I have to make him hear me, he has to really hear me. How do I do that?

I have two voices in my head and I have a very quiet referee name rationality. This referee has questionable judgment and the voices are beginning to ignore the referee. One voice is telling me that I am never going to be okay and death is so much easier; death will end the pain. The other voice is telling me that I can survive all of this and it can get better. Neither voice is telling me what I need to hear, neither voice is telling me that I deserve happiness or that I deserve to live. The referee thinks I deserve happiness and life, but the referee can't talk through the duct tape that has been wrapped around her mouth over and over and her hands are tied behind her back just like they were in the van.

I can make it till morning when dad gets up, I know I can; but after that I have to get real help. I just have to figure out how to make dad understand. If I can't convince him easily I won't have the will to be convincing. I am losing my mind, I am going crazy and I am so fucking scared. I have all these images in my mind that won't go away. I have all these flashbacks that won't go away. I just want them to stop, I am so tired. I can't think anymore. I can make it till dad gets up in the morning, I know I can.

You must be asking why does Jaime think she's going crazy. Well Jaime did something today that she is ashamed of. She masturbated until she bled and it was the pain that pushed her over the edge so that she could feel that 30 second long rush of endorphins that made her cry. She cried while sitting in the bathtub as the shower washed the blood away. She wished the hot water that was full on with the cold water completely off could have melted her into nothingness and washed her down the drain. She had images of her being in pain going through her mind when she felt that intense rush of endorphins. She feels so ashamed. Even as she writes this she can feel herself detach from reality and she fears she will lose herself in the madness of her own mind. She didn't even really notice that she was narrating her own words in third person until this sentence. This is why I think I am going insane. I'm not even kidding about any of this. I thought I was messed up before when while being assaulted for hour after hour I was made to have an orgasm when he purposefully stimulated me. That's bad enough but it was a physical reaction, I know that. Why did I not think about a tender sexual experience when I masturbated in the shower instead of being in that van? It's weird and surreal to say but the thought of the pain he put me through and the pain from my own finger making me bleed made this so much stronger. That's insane, that's weird, and that's wrong on so many levels.

I got it, I will email this to dad's business email account. He always checks that first thing in the morning. I will be okay until he gets up and he can take me to Our Lady Of Peace. Hell, I even checked our health Insurance plan and up to 90 days a year of emergency in patient care is covered. There was a dollar limit on that but I imagine I will need near 90 days worth of care. I mean I don't think I am sociopath crazy, not yet anyway. He will be awake in less than 5 hours. I can make it to then because I think I could make it a few days if I had to. I will email him this and then post it on my blog and then on A.S.

15 comments:

  1. Jaime,
    YOU DESERVE HAPPINESS AND YOU DESERVE TO LIVE.
    YOU DESERVE TO FEEL SAFE AGAIN.
    I'm writing you an email right now. All the hugs in the world, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great...and mature...decision on your part!! Remember, dad might feel just as helpless. You have to convince him that this is just not for you but for him as well as for both of yours' future. Keep us posted!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if it's okay, I am yelling it at you, and I am going to keep yelling it at you because it's what I truly believe.

    I agree with akrslovic - your decision to seek additional help is really a wonderful thing you are doing. Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yelling is good being that my own rationality isn't talking loud enough to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm yelling it from all the rooftops in my hometown in Alabama right now. I'm going to keep on yelling until you hear it all the way in Kentucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be-careful, there's a lot of people between there and here that might not like be woke up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Jaime, I just wanted to say that nothing you have ever written - I repeat NOTHING - has ever made me think for a second that you are crazy. Do I think that you need extra support to help you get through this? Absolutely! But that you are crazy? Not in the least. Do I think what you had to endure was crazy? 100% crazy among a whole host of other adjectives and expletives I'll spare you. But you are not crazy.

    The fact that you have the wherewithal to even go through the steps to seek additional help on your own after all that you have been through is really courageous and demonstrates that you are not crazy. Jaime, you will get through this. YOU DESERVE TO GET THROUGH THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't care. You want to know why?!
    Because YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Told you I wouldn't shut up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jaime you do whatever you need to sweetie. Everyone needs a little extra help now and then. You are not nor will you ever be crazy. If you are then so am I hun. Some say I belong in the loony bin after all I've been through but I try to prove them wrong but there are times I wish I went for that extra support. I had a reality check the morning after my birthday that made me realize that no matter how bad I feel my life is very important and that I should keep fighting no matter how fucking hard it gets. Let's just say that if it wasn't for a nice guy at a rest area I wouldn't be here right now.

    Anyways you decide what's best for you and your family. If you feel like you need this then sweetie find every way possible to do it. We want you to be happy again and to feel safe in your own skin. Trust me sweetie you will but it takes time. Please try really hard to keep us all posted. If not on here send me an email whatever works for you. We are all behind you 100%.

    ((((HUGS)))) to infinity to you Jaime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I went and I talked to a crisis counselor and she said my reactions and feeling are fairly normal considering everything. Right now they don't feel like I need to be admitted. They told me in patient care is more for those who can't care for themselves or people who want to die. She said that the fact that I have stated that I don't want to die means that the insurance will not cover in patient care because it's not considered an emergency at that point. Dad can't afford to pay out of pocket. However I am going to have two therapy sessions with them a week, once on Monday and again on Thursday. 2 hour long therapy sessions. That's going to be tiring.

    They gave me Paxil (think that's how it's spelled), it's suppose to be some sort of antidepressant.

    I had a question I wanted to ask everyone but I can't remember what it was. ugghhh


    Now I remember. The crisis counselor asked me a weird question. She asked me how often I bathe. Why would she ask me that? I don't think I stink. I bathe everyday. Has anyone ever had a therapist ask a similar question, and why would they ask a question like that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your welcome hun anytime. *Leaves you more hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well it depends on the person and how traumatized they are but some shower excessfully to get the person off of them where others would the one time and then don't for a while. I know this sounds gross but after I was raped at 16 I showered the one time for like 2 hours and then didn't for a month. I didn't feel like I needed to do that. I was so low at that time and the thought of getting up to get undressed repulsed me. To see myself naked and to see all the bruises just reminded me more of what happened. In time I got better.

    Jaime I think she just wants to know your mental state of mind and since you bathe every day that's good. I hope this helps even just a little.

    ReplyDelete

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.
- Oscar Wilde quotes