Tuesday, December 20, 2011

He Was Sentenced Today

Okay, this is what his sentence is.

The charge of ASSAULT IN THE FIRST DEGREE he received 15 years. By law 85% of sentence has to be served before eligibility for parole. Which comes to 12 years and 9 months.

The charge of RAPE IN THE FIRST DEGREE he received the minimum of 20 years of which 85% of the sentence has to be served before eligibility for parole. Which comes to 17 years.

The sentencing for assault and rape are to be served concurrently. This basically means that he serves these two sentences at the same time. So instead of adding the years it pretty much defaults to the higher number. This means on these two charges he will spend not less than 17 years behind bars.

The charge of ABDUCTION-UNLAWFUL IMPRISONMENT he received 25 years. He will be eligible for parole after only 10 years of that sentence.

However the sentence for abduction is to be served consecutive with the other two. This all breaks down to him having to serve 17 years for raping and torturing me, and then he will start to serve his sentence for abduction which is 25 years.

If he is a model inmate he will spend no less than 27 years in prison before he is eligible for parole.

If he is denied parole he will spend 42 years in prison.

He is 18 years old now and he will not even have a chance to see freedom until he is 45 years old (the year 2038).

If he is consistently denied parole he will be 60 years old upon his release in 2053.

I plan on showing up to all of his parole hearings to make sure he is denied parole.

On a side note:
I have read my statement so many times that I barely even needed to look at the paper in my hand and only had to stop once to collect my thoughts. I left out one sentence on purpose, the sentence where I referred to him as a puppet master. I left that out because as I was reading/reciting it to the court I realized something. He isn't the master of anything not even himself. He is going to be told when to eat, sleep, exercise, and shower for the next several years; that's the actions of a puppet not a master. Also when I got to the part in my statement where I was suppose to say the following,

"I want the court to know that I'm not afraid, but mostly I want the defendant to know that I am not afraid of the word rape anymore; nor am I afraid of him."

I turned toward this deranged person and said this instead.

"I want the court to know that I'm not afraid, but mostly I want the YOU to know that I am not afraid of the word rape anymore; nor am I afraid of YOU."

I am home and I feel safer than I have felt in almost 4 months. I am sleepy and I am going to take a nap. Something tells me that I am going to be able to sleep pretty good.

19 comments:

  1. Jaime, reading this post made me so happy. I have tears running down my face right now. I had to read it three times because I couldn't pull myself away from it. I don't really know what to say other than I am so proud of you. Usually, when I'm at a loss for words, it's because I can't believe what a monster he is so this is a very welcomed change. Congratulations, Jaime. Now go get some of that well-deserved sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to sleep but I am a bit too wired. I will try again later.

    Thanks for all the support and for being proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Big hugs!!* awesome you!!! awesome for what you said to him!! just awesome awesome awesome.. i lived in fear for a long time til i had good enough support to stand up to my attacker and tell him to f off and state cleary wat he done to me was wrong.. not that he thought that.. so after 6 years of stalking.. its finally all ended, ive not heard from him since..
    i think its awesome your going to go to every parole hearing too. awesome. word of the day heh =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hun. I'm so glad to read this. I never really understood the point of concurrent sentences because its kinda like a 2 for 1 deal. But the fact is that he's going to spend most likely most of his life behind bars. You are a true hero honey, for standing up and doing your part and refusuing to stay silent. I hope you see that, and how many girls you have nearly singlehandedly saved from him doing this to (or going one step further and killing them). Your sister is going to be so proud of you when she's older and understands. I know your dad (and mom too) are so proud of you. I think that your mom was watching over you today. I really wish I were there with you to hold your hand and tell you what a great job you did, and how brave you are. Remember, bravery isn't the absence of fear... its is being afraid and doing it anyway. I'm glad that you're now able to breathe a little easier. I'm so glad that the court system prevailed and made his sentence significant. He'll find out just how much of a hotshot he is now. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was just thinking on aside note.. did the court take into consideration that the attack was premeditated? eerr if thats the word.. just curious.. would it of had an effect on his sentence?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so proud of you! You are an amazing young lady,I want the best for you :) Take care and please keep us posted we all care deeply! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The judge did and that's why the punishment for abduction was set to be served consecutive instead of concurrent. There's more going on, some of it I can't talk about yet but the part that I can mention is that today other charges has been officially filed against him by another girl. I doubt this guy will ever get out of prison.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you and I am sorry for him stalking you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jaime, I am so glad that this asshole is getting what he deservs. You did the right thing by calling the police and making sure he is punished for what he did to you. I am proud of you and just like everyone else. I am honnored to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you TJ.

    TJ, how are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  11. jeez man.. more charges.. glad to see people standing up against him though.. i hope he never gets out.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad other people that he hurt are finding the courage to come forward now. I am going to try and reach out to them later. Right now I don't even know who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jaime that is great news to hear. At least something good happened on that day which as you know was also my birthday. I hope he is denied parole and stays for the 60 years. He deserves every year he gets from hurting you.
    On a side note sorry about that email you were right and I was wrong. BOY WAS I WRONG. So please forgive me if you were mad at my response.

    Take care and I hope we can still chat sometime. I really miss that.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's amazing what you did - your courage seems to be having a domino effect! So proud, so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was good news and I guess a good B-day gift for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes it was and my only b-day gift

    ReplyDelete

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.
- Oscar Wilde quotes