Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Will He Plead Guilty Or Innocent

This coming Tuesday on the 4th, the guy who raped me will be in court to plead guilty or innocent. He will be charged with 1st degree assault, 1st rape, abduction of a minor, transportation of a minor across state lines, unlawful imprisonment, and rape of a minor.

He has already confessed to rape. I don't know if he has confessed to the rest of the charges or if it even really matters. I worry that even with the confession he will plead innocent and cause this whole nightmare to be dragged out further then it needs to be. They have so much evidence against him that I don't see how he could get away with what he did.

I am going to try my best to be in the courtroom when he pleads. I want to hear the word "guilty" come out of his mouth. I want to hear him take responsibility for his actions. I want this to be over with.

I was told that I can view the courtroom by TV screen if I am unable to be in the courtroom, but I think and my therapists thinks that if I choose to do this in person it will be a big step for me personally toward healing. I guess I am asking what others think about this. Is it worth risking becoming uncontrollably fearful in front of him? Has anyone else done this and did it help?

6 comments:

  1. Angela said...
    I was never given the opportunity to face my rapists. They were able to get away with what they did to me. I wish that I had the chance to confront them. I understand being so afraid that you might break down. Will you have family there to support you? I would really think that it would help you to heal, although just knowing that he will be put away for his crimes will be a relief to you. I think that hearing the word guilty come out of his mouth would be very freeing. You have to believe that whatever you do will be the right thing for you at the time. Sending you lots of strength, and healing thoughts <3
    October 1, 2011 10:00 AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy said...
    Well from my experience back in January I never had the opportunity because the evidence was tampered with but I know this time around (hopefully the last) I want to be there to see his face. I know it will be very uncomfortable for me but I need to find some closure in this. Now for you I think you should be there in the court room to hear his plead. It won't be the same if you watch it on the tv. Your family will also be there so they will keep you safe, but you really need to do this so you can finally start to heal and this will be a very big step towards it too. <3 ((((HUGS))))
    October 1, 2011 1:11 PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, I'm sorry you weren't given the chance to confront your attacker(s). ((HUG))

    Yeah, I will have family with me. Dad and my grandma will be there.

    I hope it will be freeing. Everything in me tells me that it will be.

    Thanks for your encouragement.

    October 1, 2011 11:50 AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it will work this time for you too Kathy.

    October 1, 2011 1:28 PM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope he did plede guilty. I will have to wait til tomorrow to mind out I cant read anymore. I am tired ans crossed eyed. I am so sorry for all of this and I feel so terrible about the freezer. I will do anything to make it up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most of your questions will be answered by reading on.

    If you really want to make it up to me I am going to need my car washed when I get one. LOL Is this called an exploitation of guilt? haha

    ReplyDelete

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.
- Oscar Wilde quotes