Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I Really Feel Like I Can't Take Much More Crap In My Life

This morning while I was asleep in bed I kept being awakened by very mild stomach cramps. Later after the alarm clock let me know it was time to get up to get ready for school I noticed that I had been spotting. Although it slightly concerned me I had heard that it can often happen during pregnancy and more often than not, it's not big deal.

Later while at school those very mild stomach cramps kept getting worse, and the entire area down there felt damp. I asked my teacher if I could go to restroom and once in the restroom I noticed that the spotting had turned into bleeding. I knew what was going on, I knew what was happening.

I used my cell phone to call my dad. He was having trouble understanding what I was trying to say. I wasn't ready for this baby, I didn't what a baby under these circumstances, but somehow I was crying and shaking so much that I couldn't talk clearly. Dad still somehow managed to understand enough and told me to find a teacher, but I couldn't leave. Dad finally told me just to wait there and someone will come get me.

I could hear him talking to someone else on his office phone and then he told me that a teacher or someone else from the school was on their way to me. Dad also told me that he was on his way to my school. A few minutes passed and the school counselor asked, "Jaime, are you in here"?

By the time I somewhat composed myself and we walked to the office in the front of the school dad was running in through the front door. Although the school had already called an ambulance dad insisted that it would be quicker for him to drive me to the hospital. To make a long story short, I miscarried.

I simply can't understand why I am so sad over losing something that I didn't want in the first place. Maybe it's because I had built this whole pregnancy as being the positive result from a negative action that I can give the world and two deserving adoptive parents. I really don't know what to think right now, my mind is sort of in a sludge. I feel like I am stuck in a pit of quicksand and each time I reach for a the edge, it gets further away.

What was left of the life that was inside me was sucked out and discarded in a treatment called Vacuum Aspiration. I feel so horrible like I am to blame for this. After getting home I Googled Vacuum Aspiration because I am a curious person. I guess I probably shouldn't have looked it up so soon. It's also a method used for the purpose of abortion. Now I understand there's a vast separation between Vacuum Aspiration after a miscarriage vs. for the purpose of an abortion, but I am left with this very icky feeling.

No more than 5 days ago we had finally narrowed the list of adoptive parents down to 10 and we had already met with 3 of them. What am I going to tell them? How do I explain that I failed them? 

I really feel like I can't take much more crap in my life.

23 comments:

  1. I'm holding you in my prayers..I too wonder sometimes why all the crap. Reading this post triggered the time when i was in elementary school and i began to bleed in class (3rd grade). It was from sexual abuse, i know that now. Mother wouldn't help me, nobody would...Jaime i rejoice that you have such a loving dad...I'm so sorry about your grief, it's not your fault. I do understand miscarriages and feeling like a failure, i lost two...Please be alright Jaime. Don't hold yourself responsible for this lost....My heart holds you close with tenderness and warmth...May heaven shine upon you and grant you peace during this most trying time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jaime, I am so sorry. I wish I knew how to console you, but I am at such a loss for words. Please know that I am thinking and praying for you as you go through this extremely difficult time in your life. I wish the circumstances were different, but I am so proud of you for releasing some of your emotions today because I know that's uncomfortable territory for you. If there is anything - ANYTHING at all - that I can do to help you, please do not hesitate to ask. Again, I am so very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It (crap) just seems to build and build doesn't it? I'm going to be fine. Thanks for your kind support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had more to say but I'm just sort of blah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sending you comforting thoughts. <3 <3 <3 **hugg**

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey lovely,
    I saw you on RYL and followed you over here after reading your post about the hospital tests.
    I have been in the position where you are now, I lost my baby to my rapist and it was the hardest thing. I would love to say that it gets easier over time, no matter how you felt about the little life force, but it doesn't. You learn to live with it and to understand that it was not your fault.! You sound like you have a pretty amazing Dad standing by your side and other people too.
    I admire your courage to write about your fight and for facing him, however hard, in court. You should be incredibly proud of yourself, for its not something easily done.

    Please lovely, keep your chin up, you have done so well.
    Bee. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your support bumblingbee, it means a lot.
    It's just going to take me a long time to get past all of this stuff. Although every logical thought in me tells me that none of this is my fault, my heart still feels guilty. I guess that's human nature or survivor nature.

    I do have a huge amount of support around me. My dad is amazing. I would totally be messed up beyond repair if he wasn't here.

    I will try and keep my chin up. Thanks for all your kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sweetie god am I such a bad friend I had no idea this happened to you. All I had to do was check your blog but I didn't. I am sooo sorry. I was wondering why I haven't seen you around but I thought you were just busy. Please don't think that this was your fault because it wasn't. I was where you are when I was 16 and I had no idea I was even pregnant. I didn't find out until I miscarried 2 months later. If I had known I would have taken better care of myself and done everything possible to protect the little life that was inside of me. Anyways it's not your fault at all. We all know that you did everything possible to take care of this life inside you. Some times this just happens and you have no control over it. My thoughts and prayers are with you Jaime always (((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. No your not a bad friend, you have your own problems too and you can't revolve around me.

    Yeah, I been sorta keeping to myself lately. Mostly just trying to distract myself from this whole messed up situation. I have been working on my other blog that has absolutely nothing to do with emotions, that I created simply to keep me distracted.

    Kathy, thanks for your kindness and hugs. I'm sorry again for what happened to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah that's what I've doing too. I've hardly posted anything unless it a reply to something other than that nothing. I just don't want to deal with my stuff anymore. Oh good for you that's a great idea working on another blog. I hope it's working keeping you distracted.

    Your welcome Jaime it's the least I can do right now and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's my other blog if you want to check it out. http://fancify-your-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I really like it and it's such a great distraction too. Great job Jaime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You did not fail anyone. Sending you positive healing thoughts and vibes and prayer.
    I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know you don't understand feeling bad about losing something you didn't want in the first place.  But deep inside I think you know that this life was a part of you, just as much as it was a part of the man you were with. It was alive inside of you. It was a human life. it is okay to be sad. And as for telling people, I am sure they will understand- it wasn't your fault you miscarried. I can imagine it was a scary experience. Some day you may have a baby you do want to keep. And you won't miscarry. Best wishes-
    CK

    ReplyDelete
  16. I understand the baby is a life and why I was and still am sad, it just seems like I would have felt more relieved than I did. The baby was a part of me, but the guy was only a genetic contributor. I wasn't with him. I don't think you meant it the way it sounded.

    Thanks for the best wishes Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I apologize for saying you were "with" the man- When I wrote my comment I wasn't aware that you were raped. I hope you are healing now and feeling more relieved. it is a scary thing to happen, what happened to you and the fact that you lived through it and sharing the experience on your blog take as a lot of courage and inner strength.  Honestly I don't know if I could have handled it myself.it wasn't your fault, what happened.  it seems that scary things happen to the nicest people- it isn't fair. I hope you continue to heal and you have showed strength so I believe you will continue to heal. I wish you good luck and for good things to happen in your life- it is what you deserve.
    CK

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had no idea this happened. I want to hug you and tell you every thing is ok but I wont cause I know you dont want to be touched. You didn't fail. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. You are good people.

    ReplyDelete

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.
- Oscar Wilde quotes