Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's Probably A Good Thing

Before all of this happened to me I never once thought about harming myself. I never thought about killing myself. After this happened to me I thought about downing a bottle of pills and chasing it with vodka to make sure it slowed my system down enough to do the job. Hell, I even have a razor blade that I made plans on using. I wrote a note explaining why I killed myself. These weren't passing thoughts. These were well thought out plans that I had every intention on carrying out.

September 20th I found out that I was pregnant. Everything changed. I no longer planned on harming myself. For me to do that to myself now, would be the same to me as me having an abortion.

Sometimes lately, especially times like right at this moment. I regret that I am pregnant. Not because of how hard being pregnant will be on me or because the birth will undoubtedly be excruciatingly painful, but because I can't in good conscious down a bottle of pills and chase it with vodka or use the razor to spill my life. I am trapped in this unwanted life until this baby is born.

I pretend that I am strong. I keep hoping that if I pretend hard enough, long enough that it will somehow become true. It's just as naive as hoping and wishing that I was never in that van. It's pointless because I could hope and wish for the rest of my life and it wouldn't change one second of time that I spent in his van. Even him pleading guilty doesn't change anything. He will more then likely spend the next 30-50 years in prison for what he did, but it doesn't matter. The things in me that he broke can't be fixed in 30-50 years. I can't fix them in 100 years. Time can't fix this kind of broken. JaimeIsBroken and there's no Band-Aid big enough.

I'm tired of pretending to be brave. I'm tired of acting like I am handling this well. I don't have the strength in me anymore.

I prayed to GOD that he would let me die. I prayed that prayer while I was in the van, and I have prayed it a dozen times before I found out I was pregnant. I am so ashamed to say that I prayed recently that I would lose my baby so that I could send some pills down a vodka water slide without killing the baby. I know how insane these thoughts are and I really don't give a flying fuck right now.

Right now I am angry at GOD for allowing this to happen to me. If he's "our father" and his love towards us is so strong, why didn't he just simply "will" me out of that van. He's all powerful right? It would simply be as complicated as a thought to him, but no, he left me in there to be violated in horrible ways by an evil person that he created.

There's 2 possibilities. 1) God views us with disgust and as if we are dirt to be scraped off his boot. - OR - 2) He doesn't exist and we are simply the random results of the interaction between matter and energy that somehow created self-awareness.

Dad will probably see this post on my blog. Hell, I might block him so that he doesn't. I really don't know. He'll probably try to use my pregnancy as a lesson of sorts and tell me that it's probably a good thing I became pregnant so that I wouldn't hurt myself.

If I'm this messed up now, how am I going to be once the hormonal change makes me emotional?

18 comments:

  1. Kathy said...
    I know all about venting you did this with once before. You really had me scared but then you said the exact thing that you are venting. I have thought of doing so much to myself like last night but I realize if I do then he wins. I can't let that happen. Yes her ruined my hand and almost my voice box but I'm still here even though I really don't want to be. I'm not a quitter but I'm also not a fighter. I think I'm somewhere in between atm. You might be there too but not really sure. You will get through this sweetie we all will.

    ((((HUGS))))
    October 10, 2011 10:28 PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela said...
    Jaime,
    My heart goes out to you. The thoughts and feelings you are having are perfectly normal and so understandable. I have felt the same way about God. As a child, during the rape, I prayed and prayed for it to stop, but He didn't seem to hear me, and I lost my faith. I still have a hard time with the idea of God, and not sure where I stand. I tried to commit suicide twice, because I couldn't bear the idea of living with the pain for the rest of my life. I don't know what I would do if I was pregnant. You are putting your child first, and that is to be admired, although I'm sure it doesn't feel that way. I believe that you do have the strength to move forward. I do believe that each and everyone of us has gifts to offer this world, and it would be a huge loss if you were not here. Nothing will ever be able to change the past, but all that is broken will slowly be mended. There will always be the cracks, but that only lets in the light:) Sending all my love and {{{HUGS}}}
    October 8, 2011 8:37 AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eve said...
    You vent away. You deserve that.
    October 11, 2011 11:35 AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. nineyearslater9 said...
    Hi Jaime,
    I came across your blog through the Pandora website. I have been following your postings, and I just wanted you to know that you are being heard. Your attacker makes me sick, but my heart goes out to you. I know it must be hard for you to see right now, but you are so beautiful on the inside and out. xxx
    October 11, 2011 1:38 AM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy said...
    Keep venting sweetie if it helps. We are all here to listen and help you get through this.
    October 11, 2011 3:10 PM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eve said...
    I feel like I want to respond to this eventhough I know that you are venting and mad..........WHICH YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE! So, if you don't agree with me, no prob, but this is what I have learned in my 35 years.....God does not want bad things to happen. Nor does he/she allow them to. God doesn't force him/herself on people, that is why we have free will. There is a lot of evil in the world. There are a lot of bad people. I don't know what else to say right now bc I just feel so horrible about what you have/are going though and I can't tell anyone how to think. But I truly believe that God was right there with you in the horror and that he/she was crying when this happened to you. I am glad that you are not going to hurt yourself.
    You are precious and wanted and needed. Have you ever read "The Shack?" I am reading it now, and I have been thinking of you, Jenny, Heather, Jacob, Angela, Toni, Cora, and myself as I have been and reading and seeing that he/she was with us then and is with us now. It is really opening my eyes to my relationship with God. I have known Jesus as my friend and savior since I was a very young child, but more and more over the years, I have been able to see his/her hand over me and I have been feeling the love more and more. Jamie, again, I am so saddened by your story and continue to pray for you. much love and respect,
    Eve
    October 11, 2011 11:47 AM

    ReplyDelete
  7. nineyearslater9 said...
    Also, I just wanted to pass on a book recommendation my therapist gave me. I haven't read it yet, but apparently it is an insightful book. It's Trauma & Recovery by Judith Herman.
    October 11, 2011 4:59 PM

    ReplyDelete
  8. nineyearslater9 said...
    Hi Jaime, I apologize, I made a mistake. I am part of two online forums and confused them in my last post. I came across your blog through After Silence. For what it's worth, I have been thinking about you today and have been sending positive energy your way. Hang in there. And definitely keep venting your frustrations as much as you'd like. xxx
    October 11, 2011 4:53 PM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the hug.

    I'm just venting. I'm not going to hurt myself.

    October 8, 2011 9:48 PM

    ReplyDelete
  10. @nineyearslater9
    Thanks for the compliment. How did you get this blog off of Pandora. I have never been a member of Pandora's Aquarium.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, I vent a lot. Thanks for understanding. I am in between like you surmised.

    ReplyDelete
  12. nineyearslater9 said...
    Also, I just wanted to pass on a book recommendation my therapist gave me. I haven't read it yet, but apparently it is an insightful book. It's Trauma & Recovery by Judith Herman.
    October 11, 2011 4:59 PM

    ReplyDelete
  13. nineyearslater9 said...
    Hi Jaime, I apologize, I made a mistake. I am part of two online forums and confused them in my last post. I came across your blog through After Silence. For what it's worth, I have been thinking about you today and have been sending positive energy your way. Hang in there. And definitely keep venting your frustrations as much as you'd like. xxx
    October 11, 2011 4:53 PM

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's okay, no big deal. I am on A.S. (you know about) and 2 others but haven't signed up for Pandora's. I have a group therapy friend that was/is a member of Pandora's and felt kinda intimidated by it's size or something. So I'm not sure if I am ready for that site.

    Thank you so much for sending me positive energy. I will hang in and keep venting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always will, it is built into me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will look into it, thanks for the suggested reading.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the reading suggestion. I will look for it the next time I am at a used bookstore. Also thank you for all your kind words. They really do mean a lot to me.

    I understand the whole idea of freewill and how pertinent it is. Everything you said about GOD I already realize and it does help me to realize that my understanding of things isn't somehow warped.

    Again Eve Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks guys for all your kind words, understanding and support. It means a lot to me and I didn't mean to scare people. I'm just having a hard time right now. I know it is to be expected, I know my feelings are common among other survivors. It's just hard.

    Thanks again for your support.

    ReplyDelete

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.
- Oscar Wilde quotes