Friday, September 16, 2011

Letting The People In My Life Know My Terrible Secret

September 11th, 2011 (just now posting here)

My dad arranged for the preacher of the church we attend and two friends of mine who attend the same church and go to school with me to meet us at our house after church this evening. They will be here any minute.

Monday (tomorrow) will be my first day back to school since this all happened to me. I am so scared of the questions people will have. I didn't want to try and explain to my friends at school so that's why they are going to be over here tonight.

I'm not sure how to get this conversation started. My friends or people at my church hasn't seen or heard from me since this happened Sept. 2nd. I have been hiding in my house. The church was concerned when me and dad missed a second Sunday morning service in a row and the preacher called. I guess that's another thing that this meeting will be about. I wanted to heal (I mean my bruises and cuts at least) before I returned to school and church. Unfortunately I will have to where this cast on my arm for several more weeks and the stitches (cut) over my eye won't be gone for several more days but most of the bruises are gone.

Can people please wish me luck, because I'm not sure I am going to have the strength to tell them what happened to me. I know I have to though or I will be bombarded with questions from everyone I see at school tomorrow and church members.

3 comments:

  1. I know this is late but good luck I hope it went well telling people what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that it went well, Jaime. I'm late, too, but good luck ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.
- Oscar Wilde quotes