Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Evaporating Soul

Evaporating Soul

His piercing eyes burned an eerie red
scorching the landscape of my body.
They saw right into my guarded fears 
leaving my spirit shamed and broke.

His breath was soured with evils scent
as his fangs tore through my defenses.
He must have savored my flesh and blood
for he feasted so many hours.

His fists pummeled away my last hope
branding me in shades of red and blue.
Marks of his dominance on display
serving as a trophy for his pleasure. 

His claws shred through my sense of worth
leaving empty destruction to reign.
My soul dripped off his finger tips
I evaporate into nothingness.

-Jaime

4 comments:

  1. I think you should repost this to the cycle of healing. Have you signed on to be an author yet? Let me know if you would like to do that, we would love to have you as an author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't signed on to be an author. I didn't even assume that was an option. I will put some thought into it. Still if you would like you are welcome to post my crappy poetry or any other writings of mine except for any of them that describes the actual events of what happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a good judge of poems and stuff but it seems deep. Your not nothing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, especially for saying that I am not nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.
- Oscar Wilde quotes