Monday, November 21, 2011

Taking My Driving Test, And A Job Interview

About eight weeks ago I went to the D.M.V. to take my driving test for my driver's license, but they wouldn't allow me to take the test because my arm was immobilized in a cast. Well, I was a little saddened but to be honest I don't think I could have concentrated enough to pass the test anyway. The only reason I went to the D.M.V. then was because I had already scheduled my test prior to my assault.

In about 11 hours I will be going back to the D.M.V. with dad so that I can take my driving test. I'm a bit nervous to say the least. Still, I think I will do just fine. I have been behind the wheel about 6 hours total since my cast was removed. That should be enough practice to pass. I hope. LOL

I also have a job interview at 6pm for a part time job at a small grocery chain called Save-A-Lot. The good thing is that this store is only a half mile from where I live, so that will make it easy to work there even without a car.

Dad said that he would help me get a car as long as I pay for half of it and pay for the insurance, gas, and maintenance. I already have enough money saved up for half the cost of a decent car, still insurance will cost me about $130 a month because of my age.

Wish me luck everyone.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck, Jaime! You'll do great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I will be leaving here in about an hour. I'm all nervous now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep breaths - you can do this!!!! Report back when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my license, I got my license. hahaha, and I got a part time job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now all thats left is learning to do burnouts and donuts... teehee, have fun driving chika =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You missed a step, getting a car. LOL

    Donuts are easy, turn the wheel and give it the beans. I'm sure I will have fun, but it will be spring before I get a car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would but he needs his car. Also he says if I want to drive I need to pay for my own insurance. If I'm going to pay for my own insurance I am going to pay for it on my own car. That's just us though.

    ReplyDelete

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.
- Oscar Wilde quotes