Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Question 10 of 10 (Therapy Assignment)

Question Submitted by M.M. 
Q: Where do you see yourself in 10 years.
A: I am going to break this question up it three ways.
1) Where do I want to be in 10 years?
a: I think I want the same thing most people want, I want a good education, and well on my way to a good career. I want to be comfortable enough in my own skin to be in a romantic relationship. I want to see a possibility of children by the time I am 26 and have 1 by age 30 and maybe 1 more by age 34. I choose those ages because I want to still be in my lower 50s when I see my kids become their own adults.

I want a husband that is strong willed, intelligent, and nurturing to our children and me. He needs to realize that happiness and individuality is important, and that a big house and fancy car are just life's perks and not life's goals. He must be willing to understand what me and other survivors has gone through so that he can not only be supportive, but a cornerstone that an unbreakable foundation can be built upon.

2) Where do I think I will be in 10 years?
a: I think I will be sort of in the same position as I am currently in, too scared to face life, too scared to face strangers, and too scared to consider any type of intimacy. I think I am going to be jumping at every sound that I hear behind me and still running to a safe place just because I see a similar van or someone who looks similar to that guy. I think I will try and fail at a career and end up working at some type of position that an automaton could do so that I won't have to think. I can see myself so stressed out that I am forced to enter in a mental health facility so that the courts believe that I will be safe from myself. A part of me longs for an existence in a hospital where I am virtually catatonic and kept in a semi conscious zombie like state with some really strong drugs. I'm not sure that is a fix, well I am reasonably sure it isn't a fix, but I think it would be better than feeling a constant gnawing pain that makes me want to kill myself.

3) Where do I think I am now?
I think I am going through the motions in a foolish attempt to trick myself into thinking that healing is possible. I think I am in hell trying to swim to shore but each sluggish attempt to swim only pushes me further into the burning lava where is can burn my heart and eyes. I think I am pessimistic instead of optimistic and I am at a loss as to how to fix it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back *cuddles!* weirdo i is, i kno =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh i just seen your banner...

    we're in the same boat there.. i'm heading to my GP tomorrow to talk... about things in my head.. i'm sure i will be under a mental health team by the time the appointment is finished...


    not sectioned... i'm crazy, i know and im waiting for a medical professional to agree before i'm shipped away...


    There is no shame in mental health... I'm there, youre there, I got ya back... I hope you got mine.... <3

    love ya J, you amazing, beautiful, smartass lil monkey that has a place in my heart <3

    you may delete if you not like my words.. ill understand..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaime,

    Thinking of you and miss you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.
- Oscar Wilde quotes