Monday, March 12, 2012

Question 9 (Therapy Assignment)

Question submitted by an anonymous poster.
Q: In light of all this, have you given up completely on the idea of ever having a sexual relationship? And if not, why not?
A: I have never been interested in a sexual relationship, not because I think it is gross or something like that but because I am 16. Now after this happened the thought of any form of sexuality that I am involved in gives me the willies. Even something as simple as kissing would make me uncomfortable. I think kissing would sort of feel gross now because of the fact that it will remind me of what happened to me and at this point in time it is hard to ever assume that I could separate the nasty feeling of that van from any future relations. Does that mean that I am planning on never being in a relationship? Nope. Sometime in the future I want to have at least 1 child and I think I would like to have a husband.

Have I given up on the idea of a sexual relationship? Nope, but I never really had thoughts of a sexual relationship. I think as long as I continue therapy and keep myself surrounded by good supportive people I will eventually be able to handle a sexual relationship, and just maybe view it as something good instead of just a necessary thing for me to be involved in a relationship. The only way it would be off the table is if I can't heal from this.

2 comments:

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.
- Oscar Wilde quotes