Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Seven Day Fasting Project - 168 Hours COPLETE

Seven days ago I set out to fast for 7 days with the intention of it maybe giving me some answers to the question of if I want to live, die or whatever, but within a day or two this turned more into a science experiment for my biology class on the effects of fasting on cognitive abilities. Now that the experiment is complete, all the data is collected, all that is left to do is compile the information into a conclusion that I will be able to present to the class and the teacher. As usual I completed my cognitive degeneration test.

The results are as follows:


Addition: 2 minute 06 seconds

Subtraction: 2 minute 02 seconds

Multiplication: 2 minute 11 seconds

Division: 2 minutes 17 seconds

Current Weight: 96 lbs (bathroom digital floor scale) 168 Hours In.

Heart Rate At Rest: 63 beats per minute

I have gathered more information than what I have been showing in these updates.

I just finished my first meal since the fasting which consisted of a bowl of oatmeal and an apple cut into slices. I also prior to eating drank a glass of sugar water, 8 oz of water with 1 oz of sugar dissolved into it. I drank that as an immediate pick me up being that I was feeling quite weak. It has been a little over 2 hours since I ate the oatmeal and apple and I am about to go fix me something a little more savory. I am thinking about some scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, and pancakes.

Later, I am going to do some cooking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.
- Oscar Wilde quotes